Can a hobbyist be a minimalist too? This is the question that has been on my mind lately. I have a mean case of creative ADD. I love to learn to skills and create. But in learning all those new skills: spinning, drawing, knitting, crocheting, photography, jewelry making, oil painting, acrylic painting, alcohol ink painting etc… I have amassed a lot of stuff. And a lot of clothes as well. Sometimes I look back and wonder how I had so much time to shop!
Recently, my husband and I have decided to sell our home and move back into our tiny condominium. That’s right, we are being forced into minimalism. I, for one, welcome the challenge. I think I will feel so much more free with out all of my belongings holding me back.
That is why over the next two months, I’m inviting you to shop my closets on instagram. Clothing, craft supplies, yarn, nail polish (most only used once for a blog post), is all up for grabs.
I’m going to take a stab at committing to a limited number of hobbies: drawing, alcohol ink painting, blogging and jewelry making. Notice I picked the ones that take the least space 🙂 Except for jewelry making, but I that’s safe because I found studio space I can rent by the hour.
Now please tell me because I must know:
- Tips for minimalism, spill ’em!
- Do you have an instagram shop? What’s your handle?
- What about clothing reselling aps like Poshmark, Vinted and Threadflip? Do you have a favorite? (I’m also testing out Poshmark, my username is shopkristiina there as well. If you want $5 use the invite code BICQV)
- How do you feel about shopping used clothing?
- Any ideas for places to list craft supplies?